Got beard? We’ve got great news – you’ve already got a headstart towards some brilliant costumes.
Whether it’s a casual fancy dress party, a Halloween costume or even a full-on cosplay, having a solid beard opens up a lot of opportunities for dress-up and wow your friends and the public.
But knowing where to get started isn’t always easy – and once you’ve got an idea, figuring out how to build a costume around it can be a real challenge. That’s where we come in. We’ve pulled together a list of beard costume ideas to get your creativity off the ground. Read on to find out more.
22 beard costume ideas to try out this year
1. ZZ Top
The drummer’s name is Frank Beard. No joke. If you’re looking for funny Halloween costume ideas, this could be fate talking to you.
The best bet? There are 3 members in ZZ Top – 2 of whom have beards. So, if you’ve got a pal with a face mane (and another who’s less follically-gifted), this could be the perfect trio costume.
Need a ZZ Top Costume? Shop it on Amazon here.
2. Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead
Start practising your southern accent now and grab that cowboy hat, because Sheriff Rick from The Walking Dead is rolling into town and he ain’t playing games. Grab yourself a shirt, a sheriff hat, a badge, and dirty yourself up a bit. You’re good to go.
Considering a Rick Grimes costume? Get started with this shirt:
- Fabric: cotton
- Color: khaki, army green, grey
- Button closure, 2 flap pockets with button on chest, shoulder straps with button
- Feature: camo patchwork lined on cuffs and collar, spread collar, no elastic
- Suit for daily life, work, home, outdoor activities(camping, moutaineering, picnic, beach, hiking, jogger, survive)
3. Joel & Ellie from The Last of Us
This was my first ever beard costume idea. All it took was the checked green shirt in my wardrobe, a first-aid kit and a brick (for Ellie). It’s a quick and easy costume that’s perfect for any bearded guys with darker hair.
4. Geralt from The Witcher
We’re on a video game theme, so let’s stick with it for now. The Witcher was a cult favourite for years, and that was before Henry Caville stole the show in the Netflix series and thrust this incredible saga into the limelight.
If you’re willing to put in the groundwork, Geralt would make an awesome bearded costume for anyone with longer, blonde hair. And if you’re willing to dye your hair out of commitment to the cosplay cause, we salute you.
- DOES NOT INCLUDE WIG – Includes jumpsuit with attached belts and armor only.
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED GERALT OF RIVIA COSTUME – Witcher outfit for men that transforms you into your favorite monster hunter
- AUTHENTIC WITCHER OUTFIT FOR MEN – Includes full jumpsuit with attached belts and dimensional foam shoulders and cuffs that look like Geralt’s armor
- COMFORTABLE ADULT WITCHER COSTUME – This Geralt costume is made of soft, breathable material that is safe to wear at home or with friends
- THE WITCHER INSIRED COSTUMES – Halloween costume parties and birthday bashes won’t be the same now that you have this super cool costume!
- 👻 Inspired: The fantasy costumes from Witcher Wild Hunt, Geralt of Rivia Cosplay gothic Halloween festivals men’s clothing
- 👻 Material: Witcher medieval outfits for adults men made of prime polyester + leather, light soft durable and chic, comfortable to wear
- 👻 Size: Standard US size, wizard steampunk costume is S/M/L//XL/2XL, please check the product description below to ensure a proper fit
- 👻 Occasions: Perfect for Halloween display, dress up, theme party, performance, masquerade, carnival, medieval gothic costume, victorian steampunk, daily casual wear, best gifts for friends, family
- 👻 Garment Care: Hand or machine wash cold
- 1-Includes: Shirt + Waistcoat + Pants + Arm Guard*4 + Belt + Shoulder strap + Gloves + Necklace + Strings.
- 2-Material: Lycra, PU Leather, Uniform Cloth. The fabric is soft, breathable and comfortable.
- 3-White Wolf Black Cosplay Costume Halloween Uniform Suit Full Set.
- 4-Occasions:Great for halloween cosplay, cosplay party, role play, masquerade ball, theme party, stage performance, carnival, Christmas, photo shoot or daily wear, etc.
- 5-Suitable for adult,women and men.
- Geralt of Rivia Cosplay Costume Outfit Season 1 Halloween White Wolf Shirt Pants with Necklace
- Material: Uniform cloth + cotton blend.
- Package include: Shirt + pants + necklace.
- Occasions: Perfect for Halloween cosplay, theme party, dress up, stage performance, role play, daily, casual, spring, fall, winter wear.
5. Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation
“There’s only one thing I hate more than lying. Skim milk. Which is water lying about being milk.”
Rocking a moustache? Willing to shave your beard? Happy to buy a fake one? Look no further than Ron Swanson, the epitome of old-school manly man. Grab some chino pants, a belt, a polo shirt and tuck that sucker in. You’re ready to rock.
6. Ron Burgundy from Anchorman
“I’m very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.”
Next up – our next favourite Ron. Ron Burgundy from Anchorman is a cult classic costume that’s guaranteed to turn heads and get attention. Pick up a cheap, flamboyantly-coloured suit online, coiffeur that hair and grab a glass of scotch.
7. Al Pacino from Serpico
Got longer hair, and a group of friends who will get a somewhat obscure 70’s film reference? Look no further than Al Pacino in Serpico. A much less common Halloween costume for guys with beards, your Serpico outfit will be all the more impressive.
8. Ragnar Lothbrok from Vikings
Got beard? If so, there’s a great chance you can rock the Ragnar Lothbrok look from the Netflix hit show, Vikings. Drawing over 6 million viewers, Vikings is a series that drew series eyeballs, so a costume based on it is bound to get the recognition it deserves. And plus, it gives you an excuse to grow out your beard. What more could you want?
9. Obi-Wan Kenobi
A decades-long favourite of Halloween costumes across the world, and not without good reason. Obi-Wan Kenobi is a timeless look from a cult classic film saga and works perfectly for guys with mid-length beards.
With the unrivalled popularity of Star Wars further amplified by The Mandalorian and even a show dedicated to Obi-Wan himself, picking up a Halloween costume for this master of the force shouldn’t pose a problem if you don’t fancy making one yourself.
10. Kratos costume
God of War was one of the highest-rated and most played Playstation games of all time, finding a spot in the library of avid and casual gamers alike.
Bald and bearded Kratos, the protagonist of the game series and the divine personification of strength, is one of the best costume ideas out there for gamers. Don’t fancy shaving your head? If you’ve already got the facial hair, you’re only a bald cap away from nailing this Halloween costume.
11. Aquaman costume
Released in 2018, the DC Comics movie Aquaman was anything but a flop. Grossing over $1bn worldwide, it became the highest-billing film based on a DC Comics character.
If you’re not against splashing out (we’re not sorry) a little on a more involved costume, Aquaman is a unique fancy dress or Halloween costume for men with beards.
12. Zeus costume
God of the sky in Ancient Greek mythology, Zeus is a costume idea that’s bound to command attention the moment you set foot at your Halloween party.
In artistic depictions, Zeus has rocked everything from short facial hair (like above) to a long beard, and short to long hair, leaving you with a lot of flexibility for artistic license.
Unless you’re looking to play a younger-years Zeus, you will need a white beard, though – so break out that temporary hair dye and get to work.
- This Toga costume comes with a tunic with attached shoulder drape, an elastic belt, and a Metal laurel wreath.
- Size: One size. Chest: up to 59″ (150cm); Length: 50″ (125cm)
- Material: 100% polyester
- Gold elastic belt fastens with Velcro (Min 29″- Max 50″ with comfort)
- Gold leaf headpiece is made of metal, Perfect costume accessories for themed parties, prom parties, custom play, birthdays, Halloween, and as photo props for photography sets.
13. Jon Snow
“You know nuthin, Jon Snuhhh!”
Regardless of where you are, your Halloween party is guaranteed to be haunted by multiple Harley Quinns and Spidermen in varying levels of costume quality. If you want to stand out, Jon Snow is the way to go. It might take a bit of effort as he’s one of the trickier bearded characters to pull off, but the pay-off will be worth it.
Not up for the challenge of piecing this costume together yourself? Due to the prominence of Game of Thrones in pop culture, your local costume shop is bound to have one of these on their racks ready to go. Grow the beard, and you’re ready to go.
14. Black Beard
For guys with beards, Black Beard is one of many pirate-themed bearded costumes guaranteed to strike fear and awe into the hearts of any Halloween party attendees.
Done-for-you pirate costumes can be picked up online for an affordable price, making Black Beard one of those costume ideas with a very low barrier to entry. Haven’t got the necessary facial hair? Pick up a fake beard online and you’re good to go.
15. Jack Sparrow
Not against the idea of adding a few braids into your facial hair? Jack Sparrow from the classic Pirates of the Caribbean is a long-time favourite of Halloween parties.
Much like Black Beard, Jack Sparrow costumes are a dime a dozen on the internet, meaning you can spend less time sewing and shopping around, and more time nailing those quotes.
16. The Big Lebowski
“The dude abides.” – The Dude
Got a long, beige bathrobe? Medium-length beard? Sunglasses? Slippers? If so, you’re set for a Big Lebowski costume that’s sure to get the right attention.
17. Macho Man Randy Savage
Got guns? Willing to buy fake muscle padding on Amazon? If you tick either of those boxes, WWE’s Macho Man Randy Savage could be the costume for you, especially if you’re rocking a full beard. Be wary if you see a Hulk Hogan, though.
18. Bob Ross
Hero of Netflix binges and Reddit memes alike, Bob Ross is a staple of Halloween costumes sure to be loved by everyone.
Grab yourself a denim shirt, some casual, loose-fitting jeans, a paint palette and that iconic afro wig. From here, all you need to do is trim your beard and dye a little grey into it to really finish off the Bob Ross look.
19. Princess Leia
PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA #princessleia #princesaleia #leiaorgana #starwars #starwarsfan #starwarscosplay #cosplay #disfrases #disguise #costume #barba #beard #disfraz #costume #maytheforcebewithyou #donmorado #mexico pic.twitter.com/uCxG1MQqe4— Adrian Morado (@donmorado) February 2, 2020
Because it looks hilarious, and why not. That’s all that needs to be said here.
20. Conor McGreggor
Tattoo transfers, boxing gloves, an Irish flag and a tidy, trimmed beard are all you need to transform yourself into one of the world’s most iconic fighters for the night.
Want to take your Connor McGreggor costume a step further? Grab a faux-fur coat to perfect the look (and keep yourself warm on a cold Halloween night).
Old-school Wolverine? Super yellow, not so bearded. New Wolverine? Full beard, and easy to pull off.
All you need to nail this classic character is some waxed up hair, a white tank top, and of course, the iconic Wolverine claws…
- 🎉【Do it Yourself】DMAR Wolverine Claws consist of 15 sections that you can assemble yourself easily. Just enjoy the fun of DIY and you can find the assembly guide in the video.
- 🎉【Anti-Break Design】The updated Second Generation DMAR Wolverine Claws is more durable and sturdy. Hi Wolverines, to become stronger and more powerful with DMAR Real Wolverine Claws.
- 🎉【FREE Dog Tag】Get the DMAR Wolverine Claws, you will get a Wolverine Dog Tag valued $5 at the same time. The chain is about 23.6 inches and fits most people.
- 🎉【Sturdy Plastic Material】DMAR Plastic Wolverine Claws for adults is made of healthier ABS Plastic with higher hardness and strength. Choose DMAR, Choose health and safety.
- 🎉【Perfect Gift For Wolverine Fans】DMAR Wolverine Claws is an ideal surprise gift for teens and grow-ups. This plastic wolverine claws will be an attention-grabbing prop in Halloween, Christmas, Birthday parties, Cosplay parties etc.
22. Thor costume
Odin’s son, protector of mankind. Wielder of the mighty Mjölnir. And the perfect Halloween costume for guys with beards.
This is one of those Halloween costumes that can be worn with a few different looks, depending largely on how confident you are stomping around with your shirt off. We’ll leave that up to you to decide.